In this article we learn about How to Configure UCSD VPN on Windows 7. UCSD VPN is very popular and a Virtual Private Network for the (UC San Diego) University of California San Diego. This is a free service that allows students and USCD faculty members to connect privately to a university server as well as prevent computer data transfers.
How to Configure UCSD VPN on Windows 7 (2021)
First of all you can download after download complete then configure the new UCSD Virtual Private Network (UCSD VPN) AnyConnect client on your Windows 7 Operating System 64bit or 32bit for a conventional installation.
If you need only access to the normal campus website or remote desktop computing, use the VPN EasyConnect option. Follow the instructions on UCSD in Virtual Private Networks.
- You must log in to your computer or laptop with administrator rights.
- You needs in your Active Directory (AD) username and password. If you do not remember your AD username or password, you can reset it at https://adweb.ucsd.edu/adpass/ or contact your department’s system administrator.
- The ACT is testing SBL (Start Before Login) support on Windows based machines.
1: How to Download the UCSD VPN AnyConnect client
- Click the Download the UCSD VPN AnyConnect client.
- After downloaded complete Save the client to your desktop or other your favorite folder.
- After the downloading procedure completes, double-click the ucsdvpn.msi the installation file will be located on your desktop screen.
2: Began the Installation of UCSD VPN
When double click on the downloaded file the UCSD VPN Installation screen will be appear on your desktop screen then Click Next to begin the installation.
3: Accept the License agreement of UCSD VPN
when click next a new windows will be appear here is appear two checkbox one is (I accept the terms in the license Agreement) second checkbox is (I do not accept the terms in the License Agreement) so you select checkbox 1 Accept the terms, and then click the Next.
4: Continue the installation of UCSD VPN
when you click the (I accept the terms in the license Agreement) checkbox no 1 then click the Install button now who show in the picture above.
5: Finish the installation of UCSD VPN
After the few seconds the installation will be complete and new windows box is appear on your screen here is visible only one button Finish so click the Finish button and your windows will close when your after finish the procedure. finally your vpn has been install on your windows 7 operating system.
6. Run the AnyConnect client
When the installation procedure will finish the click on start menu then click the the All programs here is new program will appear in the programs list the name of Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. Click the program now your install UCSD VPN will open your desktop screen.
7. Authenticate with UCSD VPN with the DUO 2-Step Authentication
- When the first window appear, enter vpn.ucsd.edu in the windows box and click the “Connect” button on the right.
- After the few seconds the new window will appear. Select the connection profile as your desired from the Group drop-down menu:
- 2-Step Secured – split – Campus traffic route via UCSD VPN only. All other traffic passes through your normal internet provider.
- 2-Step Secure – allthruucsd – Route all traffic via UCSD VPN. Use it when you want to access the library resources and CMS website staging links. This is the preferred and secure method.
- In the field of Username , you have to enter of your Active Directory (AD) username
- In the Passcode field, use the following to verify the DUO (see the two-step login for more details.
- If you receive DUO push notifications on your mobile phone enter your AD password via push notification.
- If you receive a DUO phone call to confirm, enter your password via phone.
- If you are use a DUO token to generate then enter your password with a 6-digit passcode and then click ok.
8. How to Disconnect UCSD VPN
After the completing your work if you want to disconnect the VPN: Go-to your windows desktop then go to System Tray bar who located of desktop bottom right corner now right click on the AnyConnect icon and select disconnect now your VPN Will be disconnect.
Use VPN Outside of University?
Yes you can use the VPN from outside of the university.
Can I Use VPN Without Internet?
You’ve must an active internet connection to connectivity the VPN services.
Is This VPN Service Free?
This is a free of cost service for the UCSD faculty members and students.
Is This VPN is Dangerous For My Operating System?
No this VPN is not harmful and not damages of your personal hard drive data or windows data.
Remind it that all the information collect from ucsd.edu website. If you’v learned anything from UCSD VPN article, please leave your opinion in the comments section.